Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course
Ustka, Baltic Sea, Poland
2 September – 1 October 2017
Dates include arrival and departure days
International guest speakers
Taught in English, Polish, Lithuanian, Russian*
*Translation into further languages is possible. Please contact us at poland(at)sivananda.net
- Four-week theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga composed of 401 training units of 45 minutes’ duration
- International certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organization (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled "Yoga Siromani" and recognised by Yoga Alliance for the 200 hours Registered Yoga School Standards
- This course was established in 1969 by Swami Vishnudevananda as the first yoga teachers’ training course taught to Western students and now has over 40,000 graduates.
- A sincere desire to learn and openness to yogic techniques is required – a basic knowledge of yoga postures and philosophy is preferred, but not essential. Students will develop the skills to teach yoga asanas and improve their own personal practice.
The course fees are:
- For residents of Western countries (regardless of their nationality): €2,250 shared (2–4 people), €2,550 double room, €3,580 single room
- For Eastern European nationals residing in an Eastern European country**: €1,400 shared (2–4 people), €1,900 double room, €3,100 single room
- Belarus: Shared: €1,200*
- Russia, Ukraine: 10 scholarships at €1,050 each (for shared room)*: This price is valid for the first 10 registrations with a downpayment of €600. For all other registrations: downpayment €300. Price for the course:
Russia: Shared: €1,400*
Ukraine: Shared: €1,200*
*These prices are valid only for Russians/Ukrainians/Belarusians residing in their respective countries. For residents of Poland or western European countries the Polish or western price applies.
For questions please contact poland(at)sivananda.net
**Eastern European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
Further eastern countries are also included in this price range (e.g. Israel, Turkey).
Nationals of the above-mentioned countries living in Western Europe, USA, Canada or Australia: please contact the Sivananda Yoga Centre Berlin individually.
The above prices are valid until 30 September 2017.
Included are the examination fee, administrative costs, teaching, room and board, two sets of yoga clothing and a teacher's manual.
Not included are transportation to and from Ustka and the kriya kit.
Asanas, Pranayama, Yoga Nutrition, Kriyas, Meditation, Mantras, Vedanta Philosophy, Bhagavad Gita, The Four Yoga Paths, Anatomy and Physiology
Details of curriculum >>
Daily: two meditation sessions, two yoga classes, two lectures, one hour of service to the ashram community. Students are given one lecture-free day a week. Attendance of the entire TTC daily schedule is mandatory.
Details of daily schedule >>
To apply for the teachers' training course in Ustka, please choose one of the methods below:
- ONLINE APPLICATION >>
- Download application form (PDF) >> Download the form, fill it out by hand and then either scan and send it to polandregistration(at)sivananda.net or send it by post or fax.
Only applications in PDF format will be accepted. Applications in image (e.g. JPEG) format will not be accepted.
Please return your application form to:
Sivananda Yoga Zentrum Berlin
The registration is valid with a down-payment of 300 €. The balance is due four weeks before the beginning of the course.
Please transfer the course fees to the following account:
Account holder: Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
Name of bank: Deutsche Bank Berlin
Address of bank: Rheinstrasse 45, 12161 Berlin
IBAN: DE 97 1007 0024 0830 0204 00
For refund policy, please see the application form.
The course will be taught in English with simultaneous translation into Polish, Lithuanian and Russian using a modern wireless translation system and headphones (available in the yoga boutique or bring your own).
What to bring
Yoga mat, meditation cushion, toiletries, blanket, towels, paper and pen, torch (flashlight), warm and comfortable clothing, slippers and comfortable shoes for walking. Please note that the kriya material is not included in the course fee. You can bring your own or buy it during the course.
At the initiation ceremony you will be given the Sivananda Manual for Yoga Teachers, two pairs of yoga pants and two t-shirts.
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda, Three Rivers Press
- Bhagavad Gita with a commentary by Swami Sivananda, the Divine Life Trust Society
- Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion by the Sivananda Yoga Centre (Dorling Kindersley)
Please note: These books are not included in the course fee. They can be purchased in the yoga boutique in Ustka, at the Sivananda Yoga Centres or via the online shop.
Further recommended reading for at-home study
- Sivananda Beginner's Guide to Yoga by Sivananda Yoga Centre, Gaia Books
- Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda, Motilal Banarsidass Publishers
Also available at the Sivananda Yoga Centres or via the online shop.
The course will take place at the Centre for Education and Vacation “Lesnik”. It is located in the village of Orzechowo Morskie, 5 km east of Ustka and 115 km west of Gdansk on the beautiful dune coastline of the Baltic Sea. It comprises a very beautiful forest bordering the sea (150 metres from the beach). It is an oasis of peace and an ideal place for meditation.
Swami Bhagavatananda is co-director of the Ashram de Yoga Sivananda in Orleans, France. She is an experienced and knowledgeable teacher with a natural attention to details.
Swami Gokulananda is the director of the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Berlin and is an inspiring and experienced teacher.
Attendance at all programmes is mandatory. In order to maintain the proper atmosphere, no meat, fish, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, black tea, eggs, drugs or revealing clothing is allowed. Not abiding by these rules may lead to dismissal from the course. The meals offered are lacto-vegetarian. We cannot cater to special dietary needs during the course. The teachings of the course are based on the gurukula system, the classical way of transmitting spiritual knowledge in the yoga tradition. It is based on a relationship of trust and mutual respect between student and teacher, and aims at the complete development of the former: physically, mentally and spiritually. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with our teachings by attending classes and satsangs (group meditation) at one of the Sivananda Centres.
How to get to Ustka
Direct flights to Gdansk airport from Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, London. From there, take Yogi Bus to Orzechowo Morskie (about 115 km).
From Warsaw, take the A7 to Gdansk. From Gdansk take the A211 in the direction of Slupsk and then take the 210 to Ustka. Then travel east 7 km to Orzechowo Morskie.
The Yogi Bus will run on 3 September, leaving from the Gdansk Airport at 5pm. Enquire at the at the Sivananda Yoga Zentrum Berlin for details and registration: Tel. +49 (0)30 85 99 97 98, e-mail: polandregistration(at)sivananda.net
Centre for Education and Vacation LESNIK
Tel. and Fax +48 59-81-44-635
Cancellation before the start of the course
Within 14 days of the date when the course confirmation was sent
You have the right to withdraw your reservation for the Yoga Teachers’ Training Course, without giving a reason, within 14 days of the date when the confirmation was sent. The withdrawal must be made in writing or verbally towards the organizers of the Teachers’ Training Course in Poland, per email poland(at)sivananda.net, or phone ++49 30 85 99 97 98. You can (but don´t need to) use the WITHDRAWAL FORM (attached to the acknowledgement email).
The withdrawal is considered timely if the declaration is submitted within the period specified. If you withdraw the booking, we will refund payments immediately or latest 14 days from the date on which you submit the withdrawal.
Cancellation more than 14 days after the date when the course confirmation was sent
We will refund your original payment minus an administration fee of 50 euros.
If the booking for the course is received within the last 14 days before the start of the course, you waive the 14-day right of withdrawal. This waiver of the right of withdrawal will be signed upon arrival in Ustka.
If you do not show up and do not contact us, no refund will be issued.
If you would like to change your booking to another course, a 50 euro administration fee will be charged. You can change to any course at a Sivananda Yoga Center or Ashram in Europe or Rudraprayag.
Early departure from the Teachers’ Training Course in Ustka
Within the first 3 days: we will refund your original payment minus an administration fee of 300 euros.
After 3 days: No refund will be given
In case of early departure from the course, the TTC course manual and TTC uniforms (2 trousers / 2 t-shirts) must be returned before leaving the teaching location.
Sivananda Yoga Zentrum Berlin
Tel. +49 (0)30 85 99 97 98
Fax +49 (0)30 85 99 97 97