Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course
Ustka, Baltic Sea, Poland
7 September – 6 October 2013
Dates include arrival and departure days
International guest speakers
Taught in English, Polish, Lithuanian, Russian
- Four-week theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga composed of 401 training units of 45 minutes’ duration
- International certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organization (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled "Yoga Siromani" and recognised by Yoga Alliance for the 200 hours Registered Yoga School Standards
- This course was established in 1969 by Swami Vishnudevananda as the first yoga teachers’ training course taught to Western students and now has over 32,000 graduates.
- A sincere desire to learn and openness to yogic techniques is required – a basic knowledge of yoga postures and philosophy is preferred, but not essential. Students will develop the skills to teach yoga asanas and improve their own personal practice.
Asanas, Pranayama, Yoga Nutrition, Kriyas, Meditation, Mantras, Vedanta Philosophy, Bhagavad Gita, The Four Yoga Paths, Anatomy and Physiology
Details of curriculum >>
Daily: two meditation sessions, two yoga classes, two lectures, one hour of service to the ashram community. Students are given one lecture-free day a week. Attendance of the entire TTC daily schedule is mandatory.
Details of daily schedule >>
The course fees are:
- For residents of Western countries (regardless of their nationality): 2050€ shared (2–4 people), 3300€ single room
- For Eastern European nationals residing in an Eastern European country*: 1225€ shared (2–4 people), 2000€ single room
Included are the examination fee, administrative costs, teaching, room and board, two sets of yoga clothing and a teacher's manual.
Not included are transportation to and from Ustka and the kriya kit.
*Eastern European countries: Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine
Further Eastern countries are also included in this price range (e.g. Israel, Turkey).
Nationals of the above-mentioned countries living in Western Europe, USA, Canada or Australia – please contact the Sivananda Yoga Centre Berlin individually.
To apply for the teachers' training course in Ustka, please choose one of the methods below:
- Online application form >> (interactive PDF form which requires a current version of Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader)
(Instructions for filling out form >>)
- Download application form (PDF) >> Download the form, fill it out by hand and then either scan and send it to polandregistration(at)sivananda.net or send it by post or fax.
Please return your application form together with a down payment of 300 € to:
Centro de Yoga Vedanta Sivananda Madrid
Calle Eraso 4
The balance is due four weeks before the beginning of the course.
Please transfer the course fees to the following account:
Account holder: Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
Name of bank: Deutsche Bank Berlin
Address of bank: Rheinstrasse 45, 12161 Berlin
IBAN: DE 97 1007 0024 0830 0204 00
For refund policy, please see the application form.
The course will be taught in English with simultaneous translation into Polish, Lithuanian and Russian using a modern wireless translation system and headphones (available in the yoga boutique or bring your own).
What to bring
Yoga mat, meditation cushion, toiletries, blanket, towels, paper and pen, torch (flashlight), warm and comfortable clothing, slippers and comfortable shoes for walking. Please note that the kriya material is not included in the course fee. You can bring your own or buy it during the course.
At the initiation ceremony you will be given the Sivananda Manual for Yoga Teachers, two pairs of yoga pants and two t-shirts.
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda, Three Rivers Press
- Bhagavad Gita with a commentary by Swami Sivananda, the Divine Life Trust Society
- The New Book of Yoga by the Sivananda Yoga Centre (Ebury Press)
Please note: These books are not included in the course fee. They can be purchased in the yoga boutique in Ustka, at the Sivananda Yoga Centres or via the online shop.
Further recommended reading for at-home study
- Yoga – Your Home Practice Companion by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, Dorling Kindersley; this new book is highly recommended for the course.
- Sivananda Beginner's Guide to Yoga by Sivananda Yoga Centre, Gaia Books
- Yoga Mind & Body by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, Dorling Kindersley
- Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda, Motilal Banarsidass Publishers
Also available at the Sivananda Yoga Centres or via the online shop.
Click to enlarge
The course will take place at the Centre for Education and Vacation “Lesnik”. It is located in the village of Orzechowo Morskie, 5 km east of Ustka and 115 km west of Gdansk on the beautiful dune coastline of the Baltic Sea. It comprises a very beautiful forest bordering the sea (150 metres from the beach). It is an oasis of peace and an ideal place for meditation.
Is a Yoga Acharya and director of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres in Berlin and Vilnius (Lithuania). He is the Acharya for Eastern Europe and a long-time student of Swami Vishnudevananda.
As well as other Swamis and teachers of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres.
Special Asanas Workshops with Prema
Prema is a Sivananda Yoga Teacher based in Taiwan. She teaches with enthusiasm, care and attention to detail. Prema teaches asanas in the Sivananda Advanced Teachers’ Training Courses. She appears in Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion demonstrating many of the classical postures with advanced variations.
12–15 September: Ayurveda in Daily Life: Introduction and Basic Principles with Angela Hope-Murray
Angela Hope-Murray, D.O., is a practitioner of complementary medicine and dedicated proponent of the Ayurvedic tradition. She has trained extensively with Dr Vasant Lad and has been a close colleague of Dr Robert Svoboda.
Sanskrit with Nina Fallwell
Nina Fallwell is a Sanskrit instructor with many years of teaching experience. An inspiration to study the original language of the Mantras and the scriptures of Yoga.
South Indian Temple Meditations
17–24 September: South Indian Temple Meditations
Pujas and Yantras with a priest from Kerala, South India. A yantra is a geometric meditative image that symbolises the divine. Pure colors made of natural powders represent the subtle energies of the five elements which, during the puja, are transmitted to all participants.
26 – 28 September: Indian dance with Rajyashree Ramesh
Rajyashree Ramesh is a master of the classical South Indian temple dance, Bharata Natyam. Lecture, workshop and performance.
Attendance at all programmes is mandatory. In order to maintain the proper atmosphere, no meat, fish, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, black tea, eggs, drugs or revealing clothing is allowed. Not abiding by these rules may lead to dismissal from the course. The meals offered are lacto-vegetarian. We cannot cater to special dietary needs during the course. The teachings of the course are based on the gurukula system, the classical way of transmitting spiritual knowledge in the yoga tradition. It is based on a relationship of trust and mutual respect between student and teacher, and aims at the complete development of the former: physically, mentally and spiritually. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with our teachings by attending classes and satsangs (group meditation) at one of the Sivananda Centres.
How to get to Ustka
Direct flights to Gdansk airport from Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, London. From there, take Yogi Bus to Orzechowo Morskie (about 115 km).
From Warsaw, take the A7 to Gdansk. From Gdansk take the A211 in the direction of Slupsk and then take the 210 to Ustka. Then travel east 7 km to Orzechowo Morskie.
The Yogi Bus will run on Saturday, 7 September, leaving from the Gdansk Airport at 5pm. Enquire at the Centro de Yoga Vedanta Sivananda Madrid for details and registration: Tel. +34 (0)91 361 51 50, e-mail: polandregistration(at)sivananda.net
Centre for Education and Vacation LESNIK
Tel. and Fax +48 59-81-44-635
- Cancellation before the start of the course: A credit note will be issued for the course payments received. A 50 € administration fee will be deducted.
- In case of early departure: A credit note for the full amount of the course will be issued minus the days present in the course and minus a 50 € administration fee.
The TTC course manual and TTC uniform (2 trousers / 2 t-shirts) must be returned upon leaving the teaching location. Only then will the credit note be authorized.
- The credit note will only be issued four weeks after the course completion date and will not be issued at the course location.
- Credit notes are non-transferable and can only be used by the individual whose name appears on the credit note. Credit notes are valid for two years and can be used in any Sivananda Yoga Centre or Ashram in Europe, except Italy. Please note: Credit notes cannot be applied to boutique purchases or Ayurveda massages. In Reith (Austria), the credit note cannot be applied to room and board fees.
Centro de Yoga Vedanta Sivananda Madrid
Calle Eraso 4, 28028 Madrid
Tel. +34 (0)91 361 51 50
Fax +34 (0)91 361 51 94