Advanced Teachers' Training Course (ATTC)
Ustka, Baltic Sea, Poland
1 – 30 September 2015
International guest speakers
Taught in English, Polish, Lithuanian, Russia
- Four-week theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga composed of 437 training units of 45 minutes’ duration
- International certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organization (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled "Yoga Acharya" and recognised by Yoga Alliance for the 500 hours Registered Yoga School Standards
- This course was established in the early 1970s by Swami Vishnudevananda as the first advanced yoga teachers’ training course taught to Western students and now has over 3,800 graduates.
The Advanced Teachers’ Training Course allows graduates of the Sivananda Teachers’ Training Course to deepen their spiritual knowledge over four weeks of intensive yoga practice and study of Vedanta philosophy. Individual guidance and yogic self-discipline are major components of the course. Upon successfully passing the exam, participants receive a certificate of completion from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres.
The course fees are:
- For residents of Western countries (regardless of their nationality): 2150€ shared (2–4 people), 3450€ single room
- For Eastern European nationals residing in an Eastern European country*: 1280€ shared (2–4 people), 2150€ single room
- The above prices are valid until 31 August 2015.
- Russia, Ukraine, Belarus: special price due to the rubel/euro exchange rate situation:
*This price is valid until 28 February 2015; after this date the price may be adjusted depending on how the rubel/euro exchange rate develops; valid for Russian/Ukrainian/Belarus citizens residing in Russia/Ukraine/Belarus.
Included are the examination fee, administrative costs, teaching, room and board and a teacher's manual.
Not included are transportation to and from Ustka.
*Eastern European countries: Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine
Further Eastern countries are also included in this price range (e.g. Israel, Turkey).
Nationals of the above-mentioned countries living in Western Europe, USA, Canada or Australia – please contact the Sivananda Yoga Centre Berlin individually.
To apply for the ATTC in Ustka, please choose one of the methods below:
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM >>
- Download application form (PDF) >> Download the form, fill it out by hand and then either scan and send it to polandregistration(at)sivananda.net or send it by post or fax.
Only applications in PDF format will be accepted. Applications in image (e.g. JPEG) format will not be accepted.
Please return your application form together with a down payment of 300 € to:
Sivananda Yoga Zentrum Berlin
The balance is due four weeks before the beginning of the course.
Please transfer the course fees to the following account:
Account holder: Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
Name of bank: Deutsche Bank Berlin
Address of bank: Rheinstrasse 45, 12161 Berlin
IBAN: DE 97 1007 0024 0830 0204 00
For refund policy, please see the application form.
The course will be taught in English with simultaneous translation into Polish, Lithuanian and Russian using a modern wireless translation system and headphones (available in the yoga boutique or bring your own).
What to bring
Yoga mat, meditation cushion, toiletries, blanket, towels, paper and pen, torch (flashlight), warm and comfortable clothing, slippers and comfortable shoes for walking.
Please also bring
Yoga teacher's manual and uniforms.
Asanas, Pranayama, Vedanta, Raja Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Sanskrit, anatomy and physiology, Kirtan and nutrition.
Details of curriculum >>
Daily: two meditation sessions, one pranayama class, two yoga classes, two lectures, one hour of service to the ashram community. Students are given one lecture-free day a week. Attendance of the entire ATTC daily schedule is mandatory.
Details of daily schedule >>
- Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda, Motilal Banarsidass Publishers
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda, Three Rivers Press
Please note: These books are not included in the course fee. They can be purchased in the yoga boutique in Ustka, at the Sivananda Yoga Centres or via the online shop.
The course will take place at the Centre for Education and Vacation “Lesnik”. It is located in the village of Orzechowo Morskie, 5 km east of Ustka and 115 km west of Gdansk on the beautiful dune coastline of the Baltic Sea. It comprises a very beautiful forest bordering the sea (150 metres from the beach). It is an oasis of peace and an ideal place for meditation.
Attendance at all programmes is mandatory. In order to maintain the proper atmosphere, no meat, fish, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, black tea, eggs, drugs or revealing clothing is allowed. Not abiding by these rules may lead to dismissal from the course. The meals offered are lacto-vegetarian. We cannot cater to special dietary needs during the course.
Sivananda Yoga Zentrum Berlin
Tel. +49 (0)30 85 99 97 98
Fax +49 (0)30 85 99 97 97